Fullscreen Timer (iOS only)
Optimised for the speaker podium, the fullscreen timer is displayed when the device is rotated into landscape orientation. From this screen you can tap the timer to hide it and change the screen brightness. This feature currently only works on iOS. On Android you can show the Web Clock using any browser (see OnlyT settings for details).
The OnlyT Remote app works on iOS and Android devices.
Multiple users can install the app and view the timers at the same time. This allows for somebody to be assigned to control the timers, while the chairman can also view the timing of each talk to include in counsel or to play the overtime bell. And of course the fullscreen timer can be running on the podium for the speaker.
While the app is running, it will prevent the device from turning off. This can be disabled in settings. *
If the overtime bell is played from the local device, the app will turn the device volume to 100%, play the bell, and then return the volume to its previous setting. The app will always ask for confirmation before it plays the bell.
* Feature available on iOS only.
Setting up the app requires that the OnlyT windows software is running on a computer on the same network.
The app requires v3 of the OnlyT API. You must be using OnlyT version 188.8.131.52 or higher.
On your Windows computer go into OnlyT > Settings:
- In the “Remote Port” section, make sure you click the “Open Port” button. By default the remote app will try to connect to port “8096”, but this can be changed in the remote app settings.
- In the “Web Clock” section, make sure the checkbox is ticked.
- Take a note of the IP address in this section – this is the IP address you will need to enter into the remote app settings.
- In the “Programming API” section make sure the “Enabled” checkbox is ticked.
- I don’t recommend you use Throttling unless you have issues.
- You can optionally enter a Code of your choice. This is an additional security string that is required for devices to connect to the OnlyT api.
- At the moment the OnlyT Remote app is designed for count-down, not count-up.
Now go into the OnlyT Remote app on your mobile device > Settings:
- Enter in the IP address. Note that this is just the IP number, not the URL. So it should be something like “192.168.0.123”.
- Verify the Port is correct (defaults to “8096”).
- Enter the Code (optional).
- Hit the “Verify Connection” button. You should get green ticks indicating that the remote app successfully connected to OnlyT on the Windows computer.
You can get more help with configuring or troubleshooting OnlyT via the offical Issue Tracker on GitHub.